By Town of Gananoque on Dec 30, 2013 04:21 pm
The Town of Gananoque encourages residents to continue exercising caution around downed trees and branches, and on roads and sidewalks.
With the sunshine today, ice is starting to slide off roofs and may present safety hazards for people as they are outside their homes. Residents should exercise extreme caution when outside near buildings as ice may slide off without warning.
– All sidewalks should be sanded by the end of the day on December 31st.
– Brush clean up is ongoing, however will take several weeks to complete.
– If someone has a concern about a particular tree, please contact the Public Works Department at 613-382-2149 ext. 1614
– Residents may also bring brush and branches to the Public Works Depot at 665 Charles Street North.
– Staff are working from the centre of town outwards in a continued effort to remove snow, ice and branches.
The Town appreciates the patience of residents however due to the volume of ice and continued cold temperatures, it is a slow process.