submitted by the Frontenac-Kingston Council on Aging
(KINGSTON, ON) – Education Day 2013
The Frontenac-Kingston Council on Aging presents:
Powers of Attorney Uses and Abuses Seminar
Wednesday, October 9th, from 8:30AM – 4:30pm
Held at 734 Montreal St. Royal Canadian Legion Branch 560
• Det. John Keating, Senior Support Coordinator with the Durham Regional Police
• Tammy Rankin, an Elder Abuse Advisor
The education day is comprised of two sessions. Both are of interest to professionals working with Power of Attorney’s and individuals seeking information on the creation implementation or uses of a Power of Attorney.
Each session has a specific target audience, but is suitable for all attendees.
Registration includes Lunch, take away POA Handbook, attendance at booth morning and afternoon session.
Regular Registration $50 CE $100 Registration-credits available through Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC)
Target – Professional creating and working with Power of Attorney’s
• Hospital Staff
• LTC Home staff and management
• Social Workers
• Psychiatric Care Workers
Target – The responsibility you take when you become a Power of Attorney
• Persons who have been named a Power of Attorney
• Persons considering becoming a Power of Attorney
• Persons who name someone as their Power of Attorney
For more info contact Olivia Rose at 613-532-6661 or Janine Earl at 613-542-1336